Sunday, September 12, 2010

Unheld




What do I say to the man who wants me to hold him and not be held?


Consider the memory never born in lips but birthed in thought

And hold…

I follow the trigger yet accomplished in my failure to keep you

Seized tightly are fleeting sounds silenced by smiles so distantly abrupt

Never could I imagine the hollow screams of passion

Unheld

And I draw the pattern of a painless fear strikingly bruised

Grasping a concept sharpened with each beat of my heart

Marking each clearly defined scar as a witness of my adoring affection

Unheld

Clearly a vision of night’s relevance to sunshine’s belief

Embracing the shameless song of the blue jays approval

Allow me not to notice the lyrics of my name written in the sky

Unheld

Do I stand shy in reach of your poetic breath?

And do I clutch the waft of your suffering

And hold… ?

I remember something so tenderly obvious

Like carving into a moment and feasting on your soul

It’s like holding you in my arms and dancing with just the wind

letting go…. Unapologetically so

When my bravery has abandoned me, how do I grip a destiny?

Forgive me

Comprehending the fantasy part of this reality

Stronger,

simply unleashing this aching pain to hold you…holding me



© Vernette Harris 2010

*Inspired by 'I need you to hold me' by C.Wood 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment